The Prison Entrepreneurship Program (PEP) is a social enterprise non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that unites executives and inmates through entrepreneurial passion and servant leadership to transform lives, restore families and rebuild communities.
PEP seeks a Houston-based Donor Services & Grants Coordinator to join our Development Team in achieving our annual fundraising objectives.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Donor Services & Grants Coordinator will serve as a liaison between the organization and grants management team; oversee and manage a robust grants calendar; develop proposals and letters of inquiries; ensure that the department meets grant deadlines; and maintain the donor database. Further, s/he will ensure that all communication, documentation and marketing materials are available for submission to foundations. S/he will also work in the preparation, editing and submission of progress reports. The Donor Services & Grants Coordinator will also be tasked with writing marketing collateral as needed.
- Serve as a liaison between the organization and grants management team.
- Manage a robust grant calendar to ensure proposals and reports are submitted on time including completing, submitting and following up on applications and required reporting.
- Work in conjunction with the grants management team to gather and present accurate information to potential funders.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of potential funding sources through Foundations and Corporate Partnerships.
- Research, locate, evaluate and prioritize funding sources and be creative in overcoming funding barriers of grantors.
- Write accurate and persuasive grant proposals to maximize potential for receiving grant funds.
- Ensure that the proposals align with a funder’s requirements.
- Contribute to PEP’s financial planning efforts to ensure that projections are consistent with grant requirements.
- Maintain donor database and pipeline as related to grants.
- Keep up to date on innovations that are shaping the present and future of Foundation and Corporate Partnerships engagement.
- Research prospective donors, foundations and corporations.
- Ensure all revenue opportunities are appropriately logged into PEP’s fundraising database.
- Ensure that all documents associated with PEP revenue generation are well organized and easily retrievable.
- Maintain fundraising contact database and active fundraising files.
- Implement donor recognition systems to ensure timely expression of thanks and activities to encourage continued support.
- Assist in developing and nurturing relationships and increase the base of support from current and potential individual donors utilizing:
- direct mail,
- ongoing and personalized communications,
- direct asks for support, and
- stewardship program.
- Knowledge of effective and efficient methods for organizing and maintaining records and ability to perform the same.
- Proficient in project management and overseeing grants calendar and pipeline.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of grant administration and grant writing skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure compliance with complex reporting and agreement specifics.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in compliance with quality standards and deadlines.
- Experience with foundation research tools and methodology.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years relevant job experience is preferred.
- Houston-based office position.
- Some travel required.
- Occasional prison attendance required.
- Occasional evening and weekend events.
- High ethical standards and commitment to PEP’s Ten Driving Values (see attached), employees are expected to reflect these values in all aspects of their lives
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range: $32,000 to $40,000 based on experience.
- Company paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits and a SIMPLE IRA.
Please email résumé, cover letter and a 2-page writing sample (required) to: firstname.lastname@example.org