PEP seeks an experienced, innovative, articulate and energetic Grants Manager (Grant Writer) to develop and execute a grant writing and corporate partnership revenue growth plan.
He/she will develop proposals and letters of inquiries; ensure that the department meets grant deadlines; and will work in maintaining the donor database. Further, he/she will ensure that all communication, documentation and marketing materials are available for submission to foundations. The Grants Manager will also work in the preparation, editing and submission of progress reports.
The Grants Manager (Grant Writer) is responsible for leading PEP’s efforts in four critical and often interrelated areas (described below):
- Develop a comprehensive plan for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of potential funding sources through Foundations and Corporate Partnerships.
- Knowledge of grants acquisition, research techniques, and sources.
- Knowledge of formal proposal procedures and language.
- Ability to research, locate, evaluate, and prioritize funding sources.
- Develop a production schedule and calendar for grant and sponsorship applications and required reports to our Foundations and Corporate partnerships.
- Keep up to date on innovations that are shaping the present and future of Foundation and Corporate Partnerships engagement.
- Revise and update PEP’s current and next generation proposal materials.
- Ability to prepare accurate and persuasive grant proposals to maximize potential for receiving grant funds.
- Complete, submit and follow up on grant applications as necessary (e.g., producing grant status reports with Foundations and Corporate Partnerships decision makers and influences).
- Ability to administer grants/contracts in compliance with legal guidelines and restrictions.
- Ability to prepare and interpret technical reports and legal contracts/agreements.
- Develop a networking plan for PEP’s Chief Executive Officer, Chief Development Officer and Foundations & Corporate Partnerships Manager to meet key foundation and corporate executives, board members and key influential stakeholders to provide leverage in obtaining larger and year-over-year grants.
- Help PEP’s Foundations and Corporate Partnerships team be storytelling and data-driven communicators to drive the PEP message of transformational social impact.
- Contribute to PEP’s financial planning efforts to ensure that projections are consistent with grant requirements.
- Conduct extensive research and preparation for meetings with key Foundation and Corporate executives.
- Ability to research funding sources and to be creative in overcoming funding barriers of grantors.
- Prioritize grants by greatest chance to be awarded and PEP’s ability to influence funding outcomes.
- Invite Foundations and Corporate Partnership decision makers and key influencers to PEP events; create bios on attendees; join in on key events where Foundations and Corporate Partnerships will be in attendance.
Research & Reporting
- Research existing and new Partnerships to understand who the internal stakeholders are, how PEP aligns with their strategy for funding and what connections or speaking engagements PEP can leverage to maximum influence.
- Meet donors’ grant tracking requirements (e.g. produce semi-annual and/or annual reports on uses of funds and the evidence-based impact that funds are producing).
- Minimum of BA or BS degree in business, marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent writing and editing experience.
- MBA or other graduate degree preferred.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate effectively, intelligently, credibly and passionately the story of PEP.
- Knowledge of effective and efficient methods for organizing and maintaining records and ability to perform the same.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of grant administration and grant writing skills.
- Ability to read and understand complex application documents.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image of PEP.
- Ability to maintain security of confidential records and information.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure compliance with complex reporting and agreement specifics.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in compliance with quality standards and deadlines.
- Possess excellent analytical and prospect research skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with foundation research tools and methodology is also a plus.
- Proficiency with Associated Press Style Guide writing.
- Houston-based position.
- Some travel required.
- Occasional prison attendance required.
- Occasional evening and weekend events.
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience), with company paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits and a SIMPLE IRA.
Please email résumé, cover letter with salary requirements and the following documents (required) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2-page writing sample
- Metrics for annual submissions, hit rate and dollars raised