The Prison Entrepreneurship Program (PEP) is a social enterprise non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that unites executives and inmates through entrepreneurial passion and servant leadership to transform lives, restore families and rebuild communities.
PEP seeks a Houston-based Executive Assistant to the Development Department. S/he is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO and Director of Development while supporting the department’s office operations. S/he will maintain PEP’s donor database using Salesforce software and ensure the timely and accurate recording and acknowledgment of donations. This position is also responsible for identifying and researching prospective donors, handling donor inquiries and providing general support to the Development Team. For grants, s/he will act as a liaison between all parties in the grants management team; oversee a robust grants calendar; assist in the development of proposals and letters of inquiries; and ensure that the department meets grant deadlines. S/he will work in the preparation and submission of progress reports.
This position is an administrative and research role. S/he is responsible for managing several projects at once.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Provide a “gateway” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and staff, demonstrating discretion to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for CEO and Director of Development. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and Director of Development, including assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence and maintaining contact lists.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
- Research prospective donors, foundations and corporations.
- Ensure all donor interactions are appropriately logged into PEP’s CRM (Salesforce).
- Enter donations from multiple channels to Salesforce to assist the Development Team.
- Ensure that donor documents are organized and retrievable.
- Oversee opportunities for donors to interact with PEP staff, board, and key constituents, including high-touch programs and events.
- Be responsible for donor recognition systems to ensure timely expression of thanks and activities to encourage continued support and/or hand-off of same to other Development Team members.
- Assist in developing and nurturing relationships and increase the base of support from current and potential individual donors utilizing:
- direct mail,
- standardized communications,
- direct asks for support, and
- stewardship program.
- Serve as a liaison between all parties in the grants management team.
- Maintain a robust grant calendar to ensure proposals and reports are submitted on time including completing, submitting and following up on applications and required reporting.
- Work in conjunction with the grants management team to gather and present accurate information to potential funders.
- Research, locate, evaluate and prioritize funding sources and be creative in overcoming grantors’ funding barriers.
- Ensure proposals align with a funder’s requirements and PEP’s mission.
- Contribute to PEP’s financial planning efforts to ensure that projections are consistent with grant requirements.
- Maintain donor database and pipeline as related to grants.
- Keep up to date on innovations that are shaping the present and future of Foundation and Corporate Partnerships engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of effective and efficient methods for organizing and maintaining records and ability to perform the same.
- High level of professionalism, integrity and discretion in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- Proficient in the management of multiple projects.
- Adept at online research skills.
- Skilled at overseeing multiple project calendars with tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure compliance with complex reporting and agreement specifics.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in compliance with quality standards and tight deadlines.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives.
- Two years of relevant job experience required.
- Four years relevant job experience preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Experience with foundation and donor research tools and methodology preferred
- Houston-based office position.
- Occasional prison attendance is required.
- Occasional evening and weekend events.
- High ethical standards and commitment to PEP’s Ten Driving Values (pep.org/ten-driving-values) employees are expected to reflect these values in all aspects of their lives.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range: Up to $42,000 based on experience
- Company-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits and a SIMPLE IRA.
Please email résumé, cover letter and a 2-page writing sample (required) to: email@example.com