The Prison Entrepreneurship Program (PEP) is a social enterprise non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that unites executives and inmates through entrepreneurial passion and servant leadership to transform lives, restore families and rebuild communities.
PEP seeks a DFW-based fundraiser to join our Development Team in achieving our annual fundraising objectives. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Relations Associate, will manage and cultivate relationships with our most critical major donors and volunteers in the North Texas area.
- Manages a portfolio of major donors and prospects with the capacity to give $7,500 or more annually.
- Plans and implements major gift programs and strategies for assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to ensure fulfillment of funding goals.
- Develops and executes cultivation plans for top donors, lapsed donors, and prospective prospects in portfolio.
- Responsible for the consistent and effective use of SalesForce database, including managing pipeline for assigned donors and updating database with accurate notes regarding current and prospective donors, to serve as the electronic repository of institutional history of donor communications.
- Participates in the planning, preparation and execution of major giving cultivation and recognition events.
- Utilizes research tools to identify top current donors for major gift upgrades and top prospective major donors. Identifies new prospects capable of contributing gifts at and above the major gift level.
- Manages a portfolio of assigned executive volunteers, ensuring that PEP updates, accomplishments and volunteer opportunities are effectively communicated.
- Assists and manages the development of a strong pipeline of new executive volunteers.
- Identifies volunteers whose professional experience is properly aligned with PEP events and/or volunteer opportunities.
- Works with the Development team to identify, solicit and secure sponsorships for PEP events and assist with the event planning and logistics as needed.
- Represents PEP to the local and regional business/civic community. Articulates the funding priorities for PEP during speaking engagements before larger audiences.
- Participates in ongoing professional development and community involvement for the benefit of PEP.
- Ability to manage a multitude of tasks in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Creative and energetic problem solver.
- Ability to qualify caseload donors that represent the highest giving potential for the organization.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (SalesForce) is preferred.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years relevant job experience is preferred.
- DFW-based position.
- Regular travel required.
- Occasional prison attendance required.
- Occasional evening and weekend events.
- High ethical standards and commitment to PEP’s Ten Driving Values, employees are expected to reflect these values in all aspects of their lives.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range: $35,000 to $50,000 based on experience.
- Company paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits and a SIMPLE IRA.
Please email résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com